Monday, October 7, 2013

Black Cat And Witch's Abode

Sunday Postcard Art is getting in the Halloween spirit this week with the theme "Black Cats." I used a photo my sister shot of her cat, Marley, years ago. He was sitting by some gourds in case you weren't sure what those were. If you missed an earlier post about Marley and are interested, you can read a bit about him here.

As long as I mentioned Halloween, I thought I'd show a collage I made with this paper from 7 Gypsies.

I intended to just display it as is, but when it arrived, it was more washed out looking than I expected. So I decided to add to it. I drew in some bats, spider webs, etc., and cut some elements from scrapbook paper.


Are you getting in the Halloween spirit yet?  No pun intended.

8 comments:

  1. The black cat really stands out and I love that beautiful paper. I'm going to sneak up behind you and instead of saying....BOO....I'm going to sprinkle glitter all over your pages! hahaha! Enjoy your day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful postcard and a great memory. Love all the additional elements and the great quote from Alice In Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what an absolutely gorgeous black cat! Marley is a real beauty!! And so fitting for Halloween. Love what you did with the paper. It really gave it some personality!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper..and the black cat..Yup I'm in the spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I LOVE the black cat in there. What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the black kitty card! And yes, I'm in the Halloween spirit, but only on the outside. I mean the outside of my house is decorated, but not the inside. I've always got the Halloween spirit inside ME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work! I need to get at least a couple of Halloween things out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marley is Gorgeous...Fantastic job on the papers the colours & images are Fabulous...Love the card too... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete