Sunday, May 26, 2013

Chat Noir

"Chat Noir" is the current challenge running at Order of the Opus Gluei.  Even I know that translates to "black cat," and I took German in high school.  Since my sister once owned a black cat, I decided to make a scrapbook layout of him.


Marley was the most easy-going cat I've even known.  A vet even said once, "Oh, Marley, if all my patients were like you, my job would be so easy."

And which one of you keen-eyed readers is going to point out that I used the background paper upside down?  To be honest, I didn't notice that at first.  When I did, I decided I liked it better that way and carried on.

Have an easy-going day!

8 comments:

  1. cute tribute to your sisters chat noir... I would have never noticed the paper...
    I say...oh well... this is art, right?

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah another black cat to adore....he looks like a wonderful personality.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous photo of Marley and the LO sets him off to perfection. I like the colours you have chosen to use. Thanks for playing with us at Opus Gluei!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tribute to Marley and I like the paper upside down. Gives me ideas for my projects. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I wouldn't give to have a gentle cat - when I take either of mine to the vet they like advance warning!! Love this layout, love this cat resting in the sun. Thanks for taking part in the challenge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout. I love that the background is upside down. It's perfect this way. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your entry! Thanks for leaving a comment on The Sparkly Fairy's blog x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous layout, I loved how the elements were so perfectly chosen and complimented Marley's photo! Marley sounds like an amazing fur companion, your sister was very lucky to have had him. I think you have honored him wonderfully!

    Thank you for such a poignant and beautiful project to share with us at Opus Gluei! I hope you return for our next challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete