Sunday, January 6, 2013

Kaisercraft Sketch #1 (Jan. '13)

First layout of the year for Kaisercraft's Saturday Sketch #1 (January 2013).  The sketch is pretty straightforward this time around so I didn't have to spend a lot of time on it which is nice because I wanted to take down my Xmas decorations.  I used a photo of my old Lab and my sister's old Lab that she photographed. Managing to get both boys to pose well at the same time was not easy so this is a good picture.


I hope you can read the sentiment card on the right side (from a Kaisercraft 12 x 12 paper).  It really sums up a Labrador's outlook, except for one point which we corrected.

I must point out that the pear (upper right) is a little more than decorative since my guy (on the right) used to jump at the fruit trees in this yard in hopes of snagging an apple or pear.  Ahh, memories...

And as far as the Christmas cleanup went: instead of taking down decorations, my family went outside to play badminton in the snow.  I guess that does sound more fun. Maybe later today...

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,

    What a beautiful vignette on paper. I dabbled in paper crafts for a short time. Maybe this winter I'll give it a try again. Your dogs photo is great! You got lucky on that one. Love the story about your blog background too. I was wondering why it was a horse. Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment. I have many similar interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,

    Thanks for dropping by my place and leaving a comment. WoW! That's a lot of dog licenses that you and your dad have purchased!

    ReplyDelete