Friday, November 30, 2012

Maria Montoya Martinez

I bought a book at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago, and tucked inside the book (which was about Chicago and had nothing to do with this article) was this short newspaper article from 1977.  


As you can read, it is about Native American Maria Montoya Martinez, a famous potter then and now.

I'm posting this because I don't know what to do with this article.  It must be of some interest to someone out there.  Do you know a friend's cousin's mother-in-law's brother's neighbor who is interested in Native American pottery?  If so, leave a comment.  I'd be glad to send this out to appreciative hands.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That is really interesting. There must be something you could do with that.

    There is all kinds of stuff about her on Amazon. I also looked her up on Wikipedia. Her work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete