Saturday, October 13, 2012

Arthur's Favorite Thing

Today I'm turning over my blog to the resident English Mastiff.  He is linking to Mockingbird Hill Cottage's "A Favorite Thing."

Arthur here with one of my favorite things: my (once) white teddy bear.

I love its big size and like to play with it and carry it.  Sometimes I go and get it when I want to take a nap.

Thank you, Arthur!  There is something so heart-warming about a 140 pound, male Mastiff enjoying a teddy bear.

Maybe you noticed we removed the bear's plastic eyes before Arthur got to that himself.  I'd also like to mention I did not stage the above photo.  Just grabbed my camera when Arthur was sleeping next to the bear.

If you are new to my blog and are interested, click here to read a bit more about Arthur.  Incidentally, yesterday was his birthday, and he is one of my favorite things!

Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! The photo of Arthur with the teddy bear is unbelievably adorable. Look at that handsome boy! Just goes to show you that we all need something to cuddle, don't we? Thanks so much for this delightful post by Arthur. And thank you so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Arthur. What a nice share from you this morning. Have a fun day with your bear.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so adorable! It made me smile this AM, and Arthur looks like a sweet lad. Even his name is wonderful... named after a king!

    I'm happy to have discovered your blog today!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Arthur is a terrific writer, with such a great sense of humor. Happy Birthday Arthur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I'm going to visit more of your posts!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Arthur, you are so sweet to share your bear with us!
    And a note to mommy...
    Thanks, Diane, for your idea about labeling our heirloom treasures! I usually try to remember to write the who and when on the backs of photos but hadn't thought about putting info on a treasure!! I wrote my grandmother's full name on the back of that picture -- I'm glad I did because I don't think I would ever remember her name!
    I'm so glad you stopped by today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Sweet furbaby.
    Thanks for stopping by and nice comment.
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very sweet!! Who knew dogs like teddies.
    Have a great Sunday,
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha ha love it / Fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arthur you are such a handsome boy.. I love your teddy!!! A great pic for a layout... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, May-- I hadn't thought of that! Duh!

      Delete
  11. Awwww.....he is such a cutie.....two big cuddly bears together....lol

    ReplyDelete