Saturday, July 28, 2012

Shelf Life

To continue the painting saga, here is a custom-built shelf in our "master bedroom." I put that noun in quotation marks because my house was built in the 1920s-- did they use that term back then?  Well, whether they did or not, this room was originally our office/studio/library until the Junior Miss made her appearance which is why the shelf was built (by the "master" of the house). 

Eek!!  Don't look at that red with the old purple walls!

Finished-- or so I thought.  After touching up the red, then touching up the blue, then touching up the red..., I thought it looked like a little boy's room.  Not exactly the effect I was going for!  So...

I "aged" it by simply rubbing brown paint (which I happened to have) with nothing more than a paper towel.  I don't know about you, but I like it a lot better!

Whenever I get around to styling it, which sounds better than "cluttering it up with knick knacks," I'll post a pic.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment