Monday, July 30, 2012

Arranging

Relax.  I think this is the last painting post; unless my public clamors for more (a deafening silence suddenly fell).  This is part of my new patriotic bedroom.  The chests have been with me most of my life, and I, personally, have painted them at least six times (no, I'm not 106 years old-- I change decor often!).  Now you can see the shelf finally decorated.


The canning jar on top of the books belonged to my mother.  It is a Bicentennial "edition."  The other one is an old jar of my grandmother's.  The two smaller jars, one of which belonged to the same grandmother, hold old dog tags of two dearly departed dogs.

The old license plates belonged to my folks and have been in my dad's garage all these years.  Lucky for me he never throws anything out!  The 1901 flag calendar collage is a recent creation (will have to post about that... stay tuned).  The tankard style mug has been mine since 1976.  My folks bought one for me and one for my sister.  Surprisingly, both have survived.

Yes, the mister and I were married in Las Vegas.  The "Just" in JUSTWED is not too accurate any more.  We'll be celebrating 20 years in about three weeks!  Of course, I will point out I was only nine years old at the time.  How else could I be 29 today???

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment