Thursday, May 17, 2012

Jell-o Heiress

This copper Jell-o mold belonged to my mother.

She had several, but this is the only one I have.  I've never used it (I don't think my mom did either); as a matter-of-fact, I've never used a Jell-o mold for anything but ice rings for punch.  Anyway, I kept it just because I thought it was a neat design, and it is around 50 years old now.  That considered, you'd think it has some value too, right?  Well, to prove what kind of family treasures have come down to my little hands, I saw two of these exact same molds at a thrift store, side by side, for 75 cents each!

Maybe I'll go drown my disappointments in some Jell-o.


No comments:

Post a Comment